Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center (HSDC) commits to implementing anti-racist and anti-audist practices based on recommendations from the HSDC Equity Team. We understand the work for Racial & Social Justice is never done and there are always opportunities to do more. It is our responsibility to do all we can to support BIPOC and people who are Deaf, DeafBlind, hard of hearing, and have speech diversity.
We will commence with these commitments immediately and begin with 11 intentional actions, with the help of outside experts from the BIPOC and Deaf communities.
News & Updates
- Cocktails & Connections | March 11, 2021 | Watch the replay
- Levi’s Story | Parent-Infant Program
- In Support of the Asian and Asian American Community
- Visit the HSDC Family Room: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
HSDC in the News
- The Deaf community faces another communication hurdle as face masks become the new normal | USA Today
- Deaf community facing challenges during pandemic | KIRO 7 News
Who We Are
Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center (HSDC) is a nonprofit serving the Puget Sound area. Our mission is to foster inclusive and accessible communities through communication, advocacy, and education.
We offer services for people who are D/deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech-language differences, as well as their families and friends. We also offer trainings for organizations that wish to better serve D/deaf and hard of hearing community members.
Services We Provide
Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center offers a comprehensive array of services including, but not limited to, those listed below.